Ensuring access to healthcare for all has been the core of Robyn’s professional career – from leading the expansion of Medicaid coverage for hundreds of thousands of women and children to advocating for proper support for Illinoisans with developmental disabilities. She believes healthcare is a right and is skilled at coalition building to achieve bold goals.
Robyn is proud to have supported:
- The Reproductive Health Act that protects a woman’s right to choose should Roe v. Wade be overturned and also repeals outdated and unconstitutional prohibitions on reproductive healthcare.
- Medicaid coverage for pregnant women for 12 months postpartum to reduce maternal mortality inequities.
- Expanding insurance requirements to ensure coverage for treatment of serious mental illness and substance abuse disorder.
- The Limited Duration Health Insurance Act that protects consumers from high-cost, low-coverage insurance policy plans.
- Guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions in the case that the federal Affordable Health Act is compromised.
- Assurance for patients that their prescription drug costs cannot change during their insurance policy period.
- Training for mental health crisis intervention in Cook County.
She will continue to:
- Address racial health disparities in our district and throughout Illinois.
- Ensure public health policy is founded on science and evidence-based best practices.
- Fight the opioid epidemic through a combination of prevention, treatment, and recovery support.
- Work on establishing a comprehensive state-sponsored health plan.